Pets are Family Too

"To never know the love of a dog, is to miss the Best thing life has to give." -Author unknown. Yesterday I had the pleasure of taking some pictures of this wonderful dog and his family. He has enjoyed 18 years of life and love with his family. Due to old age and illness he crossed the rainbow bridge a couple days after the session. Losing a animal is like losing a part of your heart. Thankfully, they will be at the rainbow bridge waiting for us with wagging tales and eager eyes when it is our time to go home too.

Having lost several of our own pets in the last couple years, this session was just as emotional for me as it was for the family. I wish I had taken the time to photograph the pets that have passed away. I am so glad I was able to capture these last moments with their precious dog and that they will have these reflections to look back on over the years.

As part of the session and a surprise to them, I created a photobook album of the pictures. Tonight I surprised them with it. I found out that the mom has lost 90% of her pictures of the dog and what was on Facebook and the pictures I took were all she had left. This is my reason for doing photography, my why. So I can give clients these previous memories. So that those that they care about or that pass on sooner than we want can be remembered. So that we can tell stories from those pictures for years to come. Pictures really are worth more than 1000 words. It filled my heart with joy seeing her face when she opened the photobook and read some of the quotes I had put in it. This is my goal with every client. To give them the photos and memories that they will hold dear to their heart forever.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"In every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past, bridge to our future." Alex Haley

Rainbow documentary part 2-birth stories!

Power of incentives at your photo session